Downsizing is an exciting opportunity to start afresh. If you are looking to downsize, you may want to start the process by talking with an experienced REALTOR® who can provide you with some key information and questions to think through. Formulating a detailed plan before you downsize, will ensure your success and peace of mind.
Here are some things to consider and put in place:
- Start the conversation and begin to plan well ahead of time.
- Set realistic and detailed goals and talk to everyone involved or affected by the change.
- Evaluate and determine your lifestyle needs and wants. You may have always wanted to live in the country, but if you need ready access to healthcare, that may not be the best direction.
- Determine your non-negotiables.
- Know your budget and long-term financial goals and realities.
A REALTOR® can take the guesswork out of downsizing and once you’ve established what you need, the very best decision you can make is to obtain the expertise of an agent to guide you in your downsizing journey.
If you’re looking to downsize in the next while, we would love to talk. Contact us today and let us help make your downsizing goals a reality.