Ever wondered how some businesses seem to have a never-ending stream of loyal clients and referrals? Well, the secret might just be in the parties they throw. Yep, you heard that right!
1. The Power of Two (or More) Events a Year:
Many successful businesses host at least two major events annually. But it’s not just about the big bashes. It’s about consistent touchpoints throughout the year. Planning is key, and many businesses map out their client interactions almost a year in advance.
2. The Investment:
While some businesses spend a whopping six figures on client events, others manage to create memorable experiences with a more modest budget. The key takeaway? It’s not about how much you spend, but the value and experience you provide.
3. Making the Most of a Limited Budget:
If you’re working with a tight budget, fear not! Some businesses have found success with cost-effective events like virtual cookie decorating classes or simple skating parties. The goal is to create meaningful interactions without breaking the bank.
4. The Return on Investment:
While tracking the direct ROI of each event can be tricky, many businesses report a significant boost in referrals and repeat business. Some even attribute six to seven figures in revenue to their client events!
5. The Real Goal:
At the heart of it all, these events are about building and strengthening relationships. It’s about moving beyond the typical client-agent dynamic and truly connecting on a personal level. As one participant put it, these events transform clients into family.
6. The Little Things Matter:
Remember, you don’t need a global pandemic as an excuse to drop off a small token of appreciation at a client’s door. Small gestures can have a big impact.
Whether you’re hosting a grand gala or a simple dinner, the key is to create memorable experiences that foster trust and loyalty. And hey, who doesn’t love a good party?
So, the next time you’re brainstorming ways to boost your business, consider throwing a bash (or two) for your clients. It might just be the game-changer you’ve been looking for!
Here are 18 Client Event ideas you can leverage:
1. Big Parties: Host two major parties a year to celebrate and connect with clients.
2. Calendar Touchpoints: Organize smaller events or interactions for at least 10 out of 12 months.
3. Drops: These seem to be smaller, more frequent events or touchpoints that offer good value for the investment.
4. Skating Parties: A fun, low-cost event, especially popular during the winter months in Canada.
5. Virtual Cookie Decorating Class: Deliver dry ingredients and decorating tools to participants’ doors and then host the class online.
6. Movie Day: Invite clients for a special movie screening. This can be done in a theater or even an outdoor setting.
7. Golf Tournament: Organize a golf day, either on a 9-hole or 18-hole course, depending on the interest and budget.
8. Christmas Party: A festive gathering to celebrate the holiday season with clients.
9. Bowling Party: A fun and interactive way to engage with clients and their families.
10. Micro Events: Smaller, more frequent gatherings that allow for more personal interactions.
11. Restaurant Gatherings: Segregate clients by city or area and invite them to a local restaurant for a meal.
12. Movie Night at the Office: A casual way to invite clients over for some entertainment.
13. Karaoke Night: If the office setting allows, this can be a fun and lively event.
14. Andrew’s Farm Event: An annual event that has grown over the years, offering a unique setting and experience.
15. Sporting Events: Like a Leafs game, either attend with clients or offer them tickets to enjoy on their own.
16. Pumpkin Drops: A seasonal event, especially popular during the fall.
17. Ice Events: Though not detailed in the transcript, this could be anything from ice sculpture viewings to ice skating events.
18. Food Events: Partner with local businesses to provide food for events, which can range from BBQs to formal dinners.
Remember, the key to a successful event isn’t just in the activity itself but in the planning, execution, and follow-up. It’s all about creating memorable experiences and strengthening client relationships!
Watch the full video on our YouTube page: Budget to Ballroom: Mastering Client Events with Top Real Estate Agents
Cheers to building stronger relationships and having a blast while doing it!
Got questions or need more information?
Reach out to us anytime. We're here to help.